Monday, 18 July 2011

I have just been given a Panasonic breadmaker


My dear friend Beryl has just given me this.  Any tips on using my new toy would be very welcome please.  Best flour ? best yeast ? etc...


My first attempt at a middle sized Rapid Seed and Grain white loaf. I chose a light crust. 500gm flour. My son has just tried it and says it is nice.....woopee !  The manual didn't say when to take it out ?  Should I leave it to cool or remove it when the timer pings ?


I am happy with my second loaf from a Hovis packet mix. I only had to add 1oz butter and water. It was ready in 1 hour and 55 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry, can't help you there - never had one....
    Looking forward to seeing the results though....Mmmmm, warm fresh bread..!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a bread-maker and still trying to find the right mix - tried all sorts, normal flour, strong bread flour, nothing has come out really really good. I was told about Lakeland flour and yeast - in their shops or on the web. Haven't got round to ordering any yet. We always take the bread out whilst hot and then leave to cool on wire tray. Enjoy your playing

    ReplyDelete

It is so kind of you to leave a comment. Thanks. Marion x