Thursday, 2 February 2012

TIP 29 Sewing machine tension memory aid

I have always been afraid of adjusting my sewing machine tension.  I have now made a sample of the affect of changing just the tension of the top thread one number at a time.  I used green thread on top and red in the spool to show up any difference.



The difference isn't that noticeable on the top but .....




 look underneath and the difference is obvious.  It is hard to show you what I mean so please try it.  I am keeping my sample to remind me.  My Sister H says " Left loopy right tighty " which makes sense to me now.

2 comments:

  1. I've always had problems with the tension too. I hate it when it gets all loopy underneath.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to write that down cos I'm always confused when it comes to the tension on my machine...
    Great tip Marion. xx

    ReplyDelete