Saturday, 26 January 2013

Pink ribbon knitted teddy bear and Cancer poems


My Pink Ribbon Bear reminds makes me to be grateful to be alive every day

I have been decluttering and found two Poems that I wrote in 1999
  I was being treated for Breast Cancer at the time

" FEELINGS " ( 3rd October 1999 )
I will not die
I'll be reborn
In another place
So please don't mourn

No aches. No pains
No drips. No pills
No Chemo drugs 
To make me ill

I'll run and jump
Like a new born Lamb
And wait to see
What is God's plan ?

" FEELINGS "  ( 6th November 1999 )
Come on girl
Your time is up
Your number's called
It's just bad luck

Why me I ask ?
It can't be true
I thought I still 
Had work to do

No train to book
No bags to pack
A one way trip
No coming back

I'm just not ready
Can't you wait ?
It wouldn't hurt
To change the date ?

I've left the house
In such a mess
I have to go
That's it I guess

If you know anyone with Cancer this is how they may feel too until they get the all clear. 
I feel fine now and intend to live to be 100  :-)


5 comments:

  1. Those words are very touching Marion!
    Only those who have gone through your experience can know what it means, I wish you many healthy years ahead.
    Thank you for sharing these poems, I am sure it wasn't an easy thing to do but it is a great gesture. God bless you!
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Marion - keep well for a very long time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poems Marion. I love the bears! You accomplish so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Marion - your poems are so touching. Praise God He still had work for you to do. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poems really made me cry, they are so touching and true - not just for breast cancer. My dear daughter died of a brain tumour a few months ago, and I know she felt every word applied to her.
    I am so glad to hear that you are well now, and I love your little knitted pink bear.

    ReplyDelete