Monday, 17 June 2013

Low fat Orangey Bread Pudding Recipe

I tweaked my usual Bread Pudding Recipe as it has a lot of fat in it



My new low fat version tastes the same 


1 LOAF OF BREAD
Mix together 
12 ozs MIXED DRIED FRUIT
4 ozs SOFT BROWN SUGAR
2 EGGS beaten
2 Tablespoons ORANGE JUICE
1 TANGERINE chopped up include PEEL (Remove any pips )
Lots of ORANGE PEEL chopped up
3 Tablespoons MIXED SPICE
50 grams BUTTER melted
Topping
2 Tablespoons DEMERARA SUGAR and ORANGE ZEST

Soak the bread in cold water in a big bowl for half an hour
Squeeze out as much water as you can then add the rest of the ingredients


Mix thoroughly and pour into 2 lightly greased casserole dishes
Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons DEMERARA SUGAR on top and sprinkle on ORANGE ZEST
I put a lid on the Oval dish and left the oblong one uncovered
The zest dried up on the uncovered one but they taste the same
I will cover both next time
I cooked them at 180 degrees Fan Oven for 1 and a quarter hours


I sprinkled on a little white sugar like they do in a Cafe but I won't bother doing that next time
That's it. An easy filling Pudding which is lovely hot or cold 

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, Bread an butter pud. I love this Marion thanks for sharing.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    best wishes Julie.C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Marion thanks for sharing your recipe.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete

It is so kind of you to leave a comment. Thanks. Marion x