Sunday, 20 April 2014

Recycling Human Urine in the Garden

Hubby is on crutches waiting for an operation so he can't always get to the loo easily. I have just bought two of these, one for upstairs and one for downstairs.  They only cost £5.99 in Boots
 After reading about the benefits of using human urine
http://www.theecologist.org/green_green_living/gardening/605742/urine_the_ultimate_organic_fertiliser.html
 I have started using it diluted as a fertiliser in our garden
 Dare I ask........do you peecycle ? 



4 comments:

  1. What an interesting piece today, and your accompanying photo will certainly be in line for an award!

    re the compost: No.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recycle a lot of things but I haven't tried that one yet. I do see my neighbor out there peeing on things but I think it's because he comes home and he can't make it to the house in time. He's older than me but my day is coming. Maybe that's why older people congregate as the younger ones just wouldn't understand.
    Is it used as a natural weed killer? When my dog pees on things they usually die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, have not peecycled yet. Who knows?! Our dogs make our green grass yellow, however😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy Sam and Cro. There is so much information about human urine fertiliser on the internet. It needs to be well diluted by about 10:1 I have just ordered a book called "Liquid Gold" by Carol Steinfeld. Marion x

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are greatly appreciated. Marion x