Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Denim Peg Bag recycling jeans Tutorial

 AN EXPERIMENT
 I drew a simple design. Then I scanned and printed the design onto a piece of everyday printer paper to keep the original for future use
 Denim is pretty tough so I STAPLED my design to the denim
  I sewed along the lines with a small zigzag stitch with my sewing machine then carefully removed the staples
 Next I put the denim in the sink with warm soapy water. I ran my fingers gently along the sewing line.  The paper washed away easily leaving the stitched lines. I removed the paper from the plughole to stop it blocking the sink
  This is after I dried the denim
  Edges of Peg Bag pinned and sewn with a zig zag stitch
   Edges of Peg Bag handle machine zigzagged along edge
  Handle pinned roughly in position
Bag turned inside out to position handle and pinned more accurately ready for sewing into position
Ends of handle zig zagged securely to the bag
Finished Peg Bag. I love the pretty soft effect of frayed Denim. The edges of my bag should slowly fray naturally when I use it
UPDATE
I have used this technique a lot since I did this Tutorial. I now find it easier to staple the design onto the back of the material then I don't need to soak the paper off.  I just tear it off.  If my project involves lettering I have to remember to reverse the letters before stapling on my designs. I am having a lot of fun using this technique. Bye for now.  Marion x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marion, Hope you are well. I love this bag and you have presented a good tutorial. Julie.C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did the lettering. Thanks for sharing.
    Sue x(also in Sussex :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment Julie and Susan. Take care now. Marion x

    ReplyDelete

It is so kind of you to leave a comment. Thanks. Marion x