Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Can you be married to the same person for 25 years ?

Someone ( I don't know who ) said
 " You can't be married to the same person for 25 years because after 25 years you are not the same person "
I asked my Husband how we have changed in 25 years and dreaded what he would say
 Luckily his reply was positive focusing on how we are both older, look older and what we have been through together.....phew !
I still feel 21 until I look in the mirror and spot some grey hairs and wrinkles ! My Husband is much more confident than he was before we married. I knew him for 6 years before we married and we have now been married for well over 25 years. 
 .....................................  
I guess this saying is true really as we are all changing all of the time ..... hopefully for the better !
If you have been married for 25 years or more have you and your partner changed much ?  

8 comments:

  1. Are you expecting us to be honest? I suppose both my wife and I are less tolerant than we used to be, but (like your husband) we are both more confident. I have certainly become more hermit-like over the years,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would be a Hermit if I lived where you do Cro. Your Garden and your location look fabulous on you Blog. Marion x

      Delete
  2. Great post Marion. We have been together 27 years. I was horribly shy when we first met and although I am better now, I will never be an extrovert. But after going through so much together - death, redundancy, serious illness etc., we are both much more easy going and don't worry about trivial stuff.
    luv, Shirley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Shirley. I have sent you an email. Marion x

      Delete
  3. You look just as beautiful now as then! My husband and I have been married 17 years. We have both changed, but I think for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment Monica. I do miss your Rabbit Blog. Marion x

      Delete
  4. You are still beautiful! Time has not changed that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I will be celebrating our 36th Wedding Anniversary on New Years Eve. 6 children (twins the first pregnancy)and 8 Grandchildren later I feel so blessed to have had the many different changes in our lives. And oh, I just love your Handkerchief Church Dolls. Going to make some for my Granddaughters. Thank you for posting you tutorial. <3 Also please come and see me on Pinterest-Melody Drinkwater Wagner. Hope you like my crafts and creations.

    ReplyDelete

It is so kind of you to leave a comment. Thanks. Marion x