Friday, 20 March 2015

Experimental Embroidery

At the moment I am itching to start stitching something new.  I get easily bored so here I go again starting another  project which wasn't on my To Do List !

Step One.....Choose which colours to use which is not easy !  


At the moment I am just experimenting.  This is a test sample using 1 to 6 threads of Stranded Cotton to compare how they look on my chosen Fabric.  The difference doesn't show up well in this photo. I have numbered each test sample showing how many strands I used. It will be especially useful when I want to do French Knots. There is a lot of difference in the size of the Knots depending on how many strands are used.

1 comment:

  1. I am full of admiration.... I wouldn't have a clue where to start, although I do mend my own rips and tears (in my own style).

    ReplyDelete

It is so kind of you to leave a comment. Thanks. Marion x