Monday, 9 November 2015

Swan Carrots and TAKE A STITCH TUESDAY Challenge update


I do LOVE Youtube. I went on there to remind myself of the quick way to put on a double Duvet. Youtube suggested that I might like a Towel Swan Tutorial so I though OK I'll try that it looks like fun. Now I have a Towel Swan on my bed after doing the California Roll to put my Duvet on. Thanks to Youtube I also now know the easy way to shell a boiled Egg etc etc.... 


My Nantes 5 Carrots have been in the ground for eight  months and are only two inches long ! Taste fantastic but they are so tiny.  


Last time I took on the TAST ( Take a stitch Tuesday ) Challenge I gave up because I got so far behind. This time I am doing just a few stitches of each of the 150 Embroidery stitches to keep me motivated. I am practicing on my old Jeans. I keep my Needles, Scissors and Thread in the pocket so I am glad that I didn't cut it off. I have a list of the Stitches to tick off. Some of the stitches I have tried and found too difficult so I have put a cross against them. I really love the easiest stitches so I am doing them first
Cheerio for now.  Marion x

5 comments:

  1. I pulled my last carrot a couple of days ago. Mine were all misshapen this year; very annoying.

    Have you seen how to fold a T shirt on YouTube? It's a good trick to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just found the T Shirt folding Cro. Very clever I must try it. Marion x

      Delete
  2. The swan looks so elegant on your bed. I expect th carrots tasy god, they say small is beautiful. Like you I planned to do Sharon`s tast but have to own up to not starting it yet and did not complete it last time either

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am determined not to give up this time Margaret. The trouble is I spend too much time admiring other TASTer's Embroidery and not doing my own ! Marion x

      Delete
  3. Hello - nice to find another Sussex Blogger! I write Hastings Battleaxe - Google it up and it will appear!

    ReplyDelete

It is so kind of you to leave a comment. Thanks. Marion x