Thursday, 3 March 2016

KITCHEN GARDEN REVIEW 1st March 2016

No housework or crafting lately as I have been working in our garden. I want to grow as much food as I can
Greenhouse Temperature. Min 12 Max 22 degrees C


MAIN PATH  Hubby kept moaning about our muddy path so I have edged it with LINK-A-BORDS to hold back the soil and keep it clear.  Our kind Neighbours gave us some logs for our Woodburner. We only have Beetroot growing on the vegetable side of our garden at the moment


Five varieties of Potatoes chitted and ready to plant
International Kidney
Casablanca
Swift
Nicola
Vivaldi 

COMPOST BINS  Emptied and moved.  Contents sieved for topdressing. TREES pruned

The Fruit side of our garden
NEW RASPBERRIES BOUGHT  Still in the Greenhouse as I am not sure where to plant them
Malling Seedling     
Glen Ample
Polka
NEW RHUBARB BOUGHT
Red Canadian
Raspberry Red

POTS  Filled up ready to sow the following seeds when the soil is warm enough
TOMATOES Moneymaker and Sweet Million
RUNNER BEANS Desiree and Lady Di
CUCUMBER Marketmore and La Diva 
BEETROOT Perfect 3  and and Baby Beet Action
SPRING ONIONS White Lisbon
LETTUCE Little Gem and Lollo Rossa
RADISH Cherry Bell
CRESS (on Kitchen Windowsill)
AUBERGINE (have seeds hopeless at growing them !) 
CARROTS Nantes 5 and Flyaway  

BOUGHT
Soil Thermometer as it has been useless sowing Seeds in cold soil
Soil PH Meter

RECYCLED
Plant Labels from Milk Containers and Ice Cream Tubs etc.  I like making recycled ones as I can make them whatever size I need
That's about all of our Garden News for a while

4 comments:

  1. You grow a lot more than I do. My main crops are Toms, Peppers, and Aubergines (all outdoors), then red onions, a few carrots, chillies, and winter greens. Everything else just looks after itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You succeed in growing everything I can't Cro !

      Delete
  2. All looking ready for the planting, not ventured into my garden yet and today it is covered with snow and is still snowing so will be looking for the boots for the first time this winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still chilly here in Sussex Margaret. We had hailstones today. My Soil Thermometer shows it is too cold to sow. Some days it feels like Spring but not today.

      Delete